MDAS 2023 Photo Contest
The 3rd MDAS Photo Contest is ON!
After a year hiatus, the MDAS Photo Contest is back! Do you have hundreds, maybe thousands, of bird photos trapped in bulging folders in your computer? Well, those great shots aren’t going to admire themselves sitting there in the dark, so bust out the best (or worst) and enter them in our Second Annual Mt Diablo Audubon Photo Contest! Open to MDAS members only except for Youth category which is open to anyone under the age of 18.
Surely you’ve got some shots that one or more of these 6 categories:
- California Birds: Photos taken in-state.
- International Birds: Favorites from your trips abroad.
- Birds in Action: flight, fight or just having a bath, for example.
- Birds Eating: birds dining on seeds, berries, algae, bugs, (fish, frogs, lizards? snakes??)
- Youth: We’d especially like to encourage young people 8-17 to enter, and they need not be members. Any type of bird photo can be submitted in this category.
- Worst Bird Photo EVER: We KNOW you’ve got a couple of these! Losers you still didn’t delete for some reason. Extra points for humor.
This is a casual, friendly competition; no special equipment or professional skills required (but use ‘em if you got ‘em). Pictures can be taken anywhere in California, on any date. Deadline is May 14. Winners and runners-up will be shared at the June members’ meeting and in the Quail.
CLICK HERE to see Official Rules and entry link.
2021 MDAS Photo Contest Winners