Become a Member of Mt. Diablo Audubon Society
Mt. Diablo Audubon Society (a chapter of The National Audubon Society) is a private 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to protecting the well being of our community’s people, birds, other wildlfe, and habitat through conservation, education and advocacy. MDAS members are serving our community by:
- Supporting the No Child Left Inside Program through school-based educational programs
- Offering field trips each year in the greater Bay Area and beyond.
- Conducting two Contra Costa County Christmas Bird Counts.
- Maintaining the EBB Sightings web site for reporting local occurences of unusual birds.
- Working with the East Bay Regional Park District and Mt.View Sanitary District at McNabney Marsh to improve habitat for wildlife.
- Publishing the Contra Costa Breeding Bird Atlas.
Annual membership in Mt. Diablo Audubon Society provides:
- Subscription to the Quail newsletter which contains information and announcements on programs, field trips, local issues, and bird sightings.
- Ten monthly membership meetings with guest speakers on a variety of topics from Acorn Woodpeckers to Zone-tailed Hawks.
- Birding field trips for beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels.
- Opportunities to volunteer for various environmental projects and events.
- Advocacy for local conservation issues.
There are several different membership levels. The yearly membership is $25 annually or you can become a life member for a total of $500. Payment for a life membership can be made in two annual payments of $250 each. For an additional $20, you can join the National Audubon Society and receive the Audubon Magazine (6 bi-monthly issues). MDAS does not share information about our members with any other group or organization.
All MDAS Membership dues fund our local projects. Direct any questions regarding membership to MDAS Membership Chair.
$250 Lifetime Installment 1
$500 Lifetime (paid in full)
$20 National Audubon Society Membership (NAS)
(National Audubon memberships include 4 issues of Aububon Magazine)
Purchase by Mail
Click to print the Mt. Diablo Audubon Society Membership Application Form, make your check payable to MDAS, and mail both to:
Mt. Diablo Audubon Society
Attn: Membership Chair
PO Box 21625
Concord, CA 94521